hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Skin in the Game
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/11/2018 06:45 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/11/2018 06:45 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Taleb has a new book out "Skin in the Game" if you are not a book reader then maybe check out a few of his blog posts links below. The message is in there just let it sink in.
Nassim Nicholas Taleb is a Lebanese - American essayist, scholar, statistician, former trader, and risk analyst, whose work focuses on problems of randomness, probability, and uncertainty.

His little blurb on surgeons I found to be interesting as it's spot on in my opinion. What I got from it is it's about the work and not so much about the image being presented as in marketing. In fact when an image being presented is too polished that could very well be a red flag. You need to look at the work as it has been presented over a long period of time

He also writes about the idea of having skin in the game being an important factor when making decisions. For example marketers promoting doctors have no skin in the game. They are simply parasites that move from host to host on an as needed basis. If one doctor is no longer willing to pay then it's on to the next. This is in fact a red flag those that are researching need to keep in mind because the marketer has no skin in the game. It's telling you something. Look for actual doctors that have skin in the game and not marketers who are simply parasites.

Surgeons Should Not Look Like Surgeons

What do I mean by Skin in the Game? My Own Version

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 03/11/2018 at 06:51 AM by topcat
 03/12/2018 02:55 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Skin in the Game page 51

A customer is born every day.

I have learned a lesson from my naïve experiences:

Beware of the person who gives advice, telling you that a certain action on your part is "good for you" while it is also good for him, while the harm to you doesn't directly affect him

That is the definition of a hair transplant marketer and/or a marketer disguised as an innocent poster. Taking advice from a marketer is foolish choice.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 03/16/2018 05:49 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

This is a great book for both prospective patients and ht doctors. Especially for the doctors. Once a doctor understands better they can avoid being treated as if they were a two bit whore by marketers. When you give up your power over self determination you lose value and self respect and those researching begin to pick up on it.

If I would have read this book 32 years ago it could have helped me avoid a lot of grief and expense so I would recommend it to anyone experiencing hairloss. Some of the author's influences included Daniel Kahneman who incidently anuthored the book "Think Fast, Think Slow" a book recommended to me by another patient I met in Brussels as we were enjoying a nice cup of coffee at a local cafe 10 years ago. He too was there to see Dr. Bisanga coming from the Nehterlands and he too was a victim of one of the same doctors as I was here in the States. He read that book too late and the same applies to me.

A couple of great quotes among many from "Skin in the Game"

"Avoid taking advice from someone who gives advice for a living unless there is a penalty for their advice"

There is no penalty for those that put lists together. They simply add and delete as it suits their needs and this is what makes lists shit, no skin in the game.

"The doer wins by doing"

"22 century old diatribe by Sextus Empiricus against the professors. The rule is. Those who talk should do and only those that do should talk"

Time for skilled doctors to do their own talking and those that only talk to move on.

HT marketers are talkers not doers. Doctors that associate too heavily with ht marketers are not doers either.

Edited: 03/16/2018 at 07:04 AM by topcat
 03/20/2018 01:07 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Ask yourself if the person or place where you are getting advice has skin in the game.

Marketers most certainly do not have skin in the game. This applies for both the doctor and the patient. It's why a doctor can quickly be treated like shit on a forum if they don't conform as can the patient that comes back with what they perceive as disfigurement. When people are treated like this by marketers it's because marketers have no skin in the game. Which screen names are the marketers. Round and round she goes, see if you can pick them out.

When doctors conform to marketers one would have to assume they are of lesser value.

Same applies to forums If the marketers are not allowed to run their scam with others involved then they post to your forum talking about how dead it is here all the action is over at the other place. That is yet another red flag that becomes obvious.

Short definition of skin in the game.

Edited: 03/21/2018 at 04:06 AM by topcat
Statistics
36217 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 319 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 319 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc