hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Zinc Oxide
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/27/2002 10:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/27/2002 10:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
TOMMYBOY
Accomplished Poster

Has anyone had results with Zinc Oxide or Waseada's homemade anti DHT lotion?
 10/27/2002 11:51 AM

Author Icon
Kris
Accomplished Poster

certainly found quite a few waseda products very useful.
Zinc oxide i use every 2 or 3 days a few its a good product i think and very cheap, leave it on for about 40 mins, it certainly helpful and can last a while.
Bayberry Souhakuhi This stuff is the dogs bollocks, class stuff, really cut down shedding with this, i use more then any other product and its quite cheap as well.

Amashisho Could be a good one to add not one of my favs, i use it only at the hair rarely, not really benifited much from it

Mahabhringraj this is pretty good, again i only use it the hair line i know someone else that has found it very good, early days for me but i like it, i use it after applying minoxidil, its also dead cheap.

.S.Emu 1 oz Thius stuff is ok but i don't use it much at all not really needed, most people love it but not me.

Morehairin: makes to much mess, never gave it a chance, don't know too many people that use it, too messy
Morehairindia 8 oz, next one i'm going to try, check out some guys results
Photo

Edited: 10/27/2002 at 11:53 AM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 10/27/2002 11:58 AM

Author Icon
TOMMYBOY
Accomplished Poster

Hi Kris
How are u?

Thanks for the info, where do you get these products from, as I ordered the zinc oxide & absorbic acid powder from ancientway, but it does not contain the corn starch so would it be any good?
Also when you say the Bayberry reduces shedding, do you mean shedding from the Propecia?
Have you got any good re-growth with the zinc oxide, & if so how long did it take?
Thanks again Kris and stay in touch.
 10/27/2002 12:16 PM

Author Icon
Kris
Accomplished Poster

"Thanks for the info, where do you get these products from, as I ordered the zinc oxide & absorbic acid powder from ancientway, but it does not contain the corn starch so would it be any good?"

yeah thats the one i use i think its fine, actually allot of people reported that zinc oxide produced vellus hair at the hair line, it what it was known for in the early waseda forums, i use it now and again it does seem to help, thats all i can really say, it does really itch when on the scalp for 40 mins but once its gone the scalp feels fresh and looks good, ofourse thats only me

"Also when you say the Bayberry reduces shedding, do you mean shedding from the Propecia?"

ok not shedding, as in loss of allot of hair falling out plain hair loss, some people shedd at any time, i found that hair fall out decreased on this, it as COMPLETELY stopped itchy head i had before, it was amazing for that. While using it i noticed that my hair got allot thicker aswell. but i don't use it at the hair line as i use other products and that can cause it to make a mark. so i use it every where else, i think its really good.

Have you got any good re-growth with the zinc oxide, & if so how long did it take?

not really, it a useful product but not that good, i think others have found it more effective in that way then i have and some may have found it does nothing, thats just the way it is, its pretty cheap so its worth a try, waseda's products are pretty under rated

i'm nearly your age.

10/27/2002 12:21 PM

Author Icon
TOMMYBOY
Accomplished Poster

Thanks Kris

One more question (sorry), is the bayberry solution an anti DHT topical or is it the Morehairndia?
Also I am thinking of trying Dr. Procs Proxiphen-N seems to be good, any feed back on this one?

Cheers

P.S I am 33
 10/27/2002 12:24 PM

Author Icon
Kris
Accomplished Poster

here is a more positive response, there are quite a few people like this. let me know hoe you get on with it, obviously at that price its worth a crack.

I have been on the zinc ozide cream solution on my temples for around a month (too greasy for the crown) and the powder and boric acid solution for about ten days now. Last night I had a look at my crown for the first time in about a week under natural light and I was shocked by what I saw - hair ! Ive been on a fairly solid program for about 6 months now and had started to see some good vellous growth in the crown and temples and some darkening of those hairs. However , after adding Zinc ozide and emu oil in the last ten days on the crown, I have seen a dramatic darkening of the vellous hairs, almost to the point of not being able to notice my bald spot at a quick glance . When I started doing research and following a program 6-9 months ago I had a virtual slick spot about the size of a golf ball and a very thinning area the size of a baseball - I could see I was heading for a Norwood 5 or worse. In sharp light you can still see the shine, but it is the first time in about 3-4 years that that I have visible hair covering my crown. The feeling that I had at that moment was almost indescribable- Ive been on a high ever since. I am convinced that it is the Zinc oxide treatment that has kicked on the regrowth and darkenning, as my temple area has also developed significant regrowth and darkening since starting a month ago. I am also convinced that the rest of the program is an excellent adjunct to the zinc. It is as follows: Minox +a mornings Minox and Spiro in evenings Crinagen in evenings (was using Revivogen until new formula caused shedding. Emu Oil every second day Proscar 1.25mg Plus lots of vitamins , minerals, amino acids. I am at the moment gathering the ingredients for morehairin and will add that to the mix as well. A lot of treatments and a hassle to apply ? Sure ! Do I care now that I'm getting my hair back ? No way

10/27/2002 12:38 PM

Author Icon
Kris
Accomplished Poster

oh i thought you were 25 yrs haha,

"One more question (sorry), is the bayberry solution an anti DHT topical or is it the Morehairndia?"

yeah you are right the first time bayberry is added to Souhakuhi to make it "better", morehairndia i don't know if this is any good, i did not like morehairin or the other morehain product they have, they were too messy, due to that fact i have found some of waseda's products good i am will to risk the money. Even bayberry souhakuhi is a bit messy but not that bad, it the best of the lot for me.

Also I am thinking of trying Dr. Procs Proxiphen-N seems to be good, any feed back on this one?

i did try that , very small bottle and very expensive, some may like it, i know Bryan is a big fan of Dr.P, but i don't use it anymore and have no plans to use it again, i was thinking of trying proxiphen, but i am going to try SOD PLUS instead.
 10/27/2002 12:38 PM

Author Icon
TOMMYBOY
Accomplished Poster

I was the same as you with Revivogen, tried it for 2 months but made my haed really itchy. I am not too bad interms of hairloss I just have a general thinning out all over, though my crown is the worst you can see scalp under strong light. I had a bad experience with Propecia-took it for 1 year but had continual shedding for 5 months, though I did have some re-growth my hair looked worse. I have stopped Propecia for about 3 months and now just use Minoxidil, Nizoral & L-Lysine but dam it my crown will not fill in. That is why I am looking for a topical DHT inhibitor I have heard of Zinc Sulphate with Pyridoxal Phosphate dissolved in destilled water, is claimed to inhibit DHT by 90%.
This hairloss buisness is so confusing just can't wait for Dut to arrive.
 10/27/2002 12:43 PM

Author Icon
Kris
Accomplished Poster

"Pyridoxal Phosphate dissolved in destilled water, is claimed to inhibit DHT by 90%"

yeah bayberry also claims to inhibit a simular figure according to Waseda, it been very good for me, you may find it useful for your particular hair loss.
 10/27/2002 12:59 PM

Author Icon
Kris
Accomplished Poster

The INHIBITING RATE OF DHT was 80.7%." Bayberry is dose dependent and has few known side effects

BTW i'm only use zinc oxide at the hair line
 10/27/2002 01:53 PM

Author Icon
TOMMYBOY
Accomplished Poster

Kris if you use zinc oxide then you can not usae any SODs right? I heard that using them both together is bad as they both compete against each other.
So let me get this right, out of all of waseda's things you think zinc oxide in conjunction with Bayberry Souhakuhi is the best combo?
Are you going for Dut when it comes out?

10/27/2002 02:30 PM

Author Icon
Kris
Accomplished Poster

yeah or you should not really use zinc oxide and Copper Peptide e.g tricomin, a/c products, folligen at the same application period, they can be used on alternative days. That does not apply to other SOD's

I think Bayberry Souhakuhi is the best of the lot, i would hope Bayberry Souhakuhi works for you as it has for me and that you like it, but obviously i can't be certain, but its the best in only my opinion by a mile, zinc oxide is not one of my favs, i think it is useful but not great.

i'm may use dut topical but not orally as i will have side effects as i can only take finasteride at a small dose.

Edited: 10/27/2002 at 02:33 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
Statistics
31865 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 652 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 655 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc